Manual for PIPOLINO®-S+ and for PLATOLINO®
The PIPOLINO®-S+ is an adjustable and mobile dispenser of dry food (kibbles, granules, seeds, etc.) for small pets.
It was designed by a Veterinarian for the purpose of health and well-being, with a natural and fun approach.
The PIPOLINO® is a customized tool used by species, either exclusively (dogs, cats, ferrets) or mixed diet, in addition to a specific power (rodents, rabbits).
The PLATOLINO® is a tray for the Pipolino®, to avoid the dispersion of the croquettes
To obtain the full effect, remove all other food sources (remove the bowls) and do not give any treats during the initiation period (the animal must be hungry to use the appliance).
- At the usual mealtime (the dog must be hungry enough to use the device), fill the PIPOLINO® with the usual kibble ration.
- Close and lock the cover.
- Adjust the flow to the maximum: slide the outer cylinder and pivot the ends of the PIPOLINO® so as to have the largest opening for the food.
- Place the PIPOLINO® near the place where its bowl was usually found
- on the PLATOLINO®
- or on the floor, one end against a wall, the other end a few cm from the wall
- Place a few croquettes between the PIPOLINO® and the wall, or on the PLATOLINO®.
- Wait for it to come by itself to collect the kibble and move the PIPOLINO®.
- During the following meals, gradually seek the lowest flow rate to allow the animal to reach satiety with maximum occupancy.
- At the end of the adaptation period, if there is any unused kibble left on the ground, quickly reduce the number of openings. Then complete the PIPOLINO®. If the PIPOLINO® is left permanently, top it up before it is empty, preferably in the evening.
Tips and restrictions
The PIPOLINO®-S+ can be used with any type of kibble or pellets with diameters less than or equal to 15mm.
To function optimally, the PIPOLINO® must be placed on a flat and smooth surface , such as a tile, indoors or outdoors (terrace).
You can define a perimeter of use in order to limit movement, or place the PIPOLINO® in a rectangular container (length> 30 cm; width> 20 cm; height: 5 to 15 cm); ensure that the device does not fall from a height.
For weakened or too thin animals, adjust the flow rate so as to limit the time of ingestion to promote recovery (adjustment position to 8 for a few days, then 2; to be adapted according to each situation).
Gestation and lactation
The timing of meals and their duration should not be limited during gestation and lactation. Only the quantity (and or quality) should be increased during lactation (and depending on the number of puppies) compared to usual consumption.
- Do not allow young children to play with PIPOLINO®.
- Do not put moist food inside the appliance and do not use the appliance in the rain, on ice or in snow.
- Do not use PIPOLINO® on gravel or on ground covered with debris.
- Do not use PIPOLINO® in the event of a sudden and apparently unexplained difficulty in locomotion. Quickly consult your Veterinarian.
- Do not use PIPOLINO® with a blind, paralyzed or injured animal.
Specific characteristics concerning the DOG
The dog must eat in a calm environment, and in a shady place during periods of high heat, if he eats outside.
Too much kibble remaining in the appliance leads to several comments: Your dog’s needs may vary depending on age, energy expenditure, lifestyle … with the attainment of natural satiety. Adjust the ration accordingly. It may also indicate temporary fatigue or health concerns. Present some kibble in a bowl placed on the ground and observe your dog. Depending on his reaction, increase the flow of PIPOLINO® for the next meals, or consult your veterinarian.
Your dog’s gastric digestion is greatly facilitated by the daily use of
The PIPOLINO® will channel the behavior of your dog by causing an expenditure of energy, more or less important according to each dog and each situation. This does not replace the walks and playful rituals, essential for its balance. However, be sure to integrate it into the activities you practice with your dog to avoid over-fatigue.