The PIPOLINO®-S is an adjustable and mobile dispenser of dry food (kibbles, granules, seeds, etc.) for small pets.
It was designed by a Veterinarian for the purpose of health and well-being, with a natural and fun approach. The PIPOLINO® is a customized tool used by species, either exclusively (dogs, cats, ferrets) or mixed diet, in addition to a specific power (rodents, rabbits).
First use (rabbit, ferret, rodent)
The PIPOLINO®-S can, at the owner’s convenience, be presented to the animal permanently (dog, cat, ferret, rabbit, rodents) or sequentially (dog: 1 to 3 times a day; other animals: continuously 12 hours per day).
Adaptation is immediate by setting the device to the greatest number of openings. Then, the setting will be modified according to the desired usage time: for constant use, the PIPOLINO® will be set to the lowest flow.
Initiation: in the initiation phase it is advisable to choose position 8.
- Put the ration in the PIPOLINO®
- Choose the diameter of the openings according to the size of the dry food offered: (11, 8, 6 mm)
- Position in front of the cursor -> the pictogram chosen above associated with the number of openings corresponding to the desired duration of the meal:
- 8: Short duration
- 2: Average duration
- 1: Long duration
Advice: after a few minutes of use, adjust to 2 openings, then for subsequent meals, adjust to one or two openings to obtain the desired flow rate.
Caution: Be sure to supply clean wateras needed. Take into account the specific nutritional needs of each species.
First use (kitten or puppy)
To obtain the full effect, remove all other food sources (remove the bowls) and do not give any treats during the initiation period (the animal must be hungry to use the appliance).
- Adjust the flow to the maximum: using a screwdriver, loosen the locking screw and adjust to position 8, in order to motivate your dog and make him understand the usage. Tighten without forcing the screw thread.
- At the usual mealtime (the dog must be hungry enough to use the device), fill the PIPOLINO® with the usual kibble ration.
- Close and lock the cover.
- Place the PIPOLINO® on the ground, near the place where its bowl usually is, one end against a wall, the other end a few cm from the wall.
- Place a few croquettes between the PIPOLINO® and the wall.
- Wait for it to come by itself to collect the kibble and move the PIPOLINO®.
Warning: Never roll the PIPOLINO® in front of the animal to initiate it. Do not shake PIPOLINO® in front of the animal.
Some adaptation time is sometimes necessary (around 48 hours): remain patient, and never scold him in the event of failure; leave him alone as much as possible, trusting his adaptability; it is on the most recalcitrant cats that the best results from the use of PIPOLINO®-S are observed !
After the adaptation phase:
During the following meals, gradually seek the lowest flow rate to allow the animal to reach satiety with maximum occupancy.
At the end of the adaptation period, if there is any unused kibble left on the ground, quickly reduce the number of openings. Then complete the PIPOLINO®. If the PIPOLINO® is left permanently, top it up before it is empty, preferably in the evening.
- Food grade rubber tread
- Flow adjustment locking screw
- Adjustment positions
- Exterior openings
- Lid with lock
Your PIPOLINO® is made up of 2 cylinders each fitted with openings, fitted into one another and sliding on the same rotary axis so as to allow the adjustment of the flow rate of the croquettes.
You have 3basic adjustment positions, 8, 2, 1, position 1 corresponds to the lowest flow rate (1 opening), as well as intermediate “half-moon” positions corresponding to the opening according to the dimension of the food. The mark makes it possible to adjust the position to the chosen flow rate.
Tips and restrictions
The PIPOLINO Company declines all responsibility for any damage caused by non-compliance with these instructions for use.
The PIPOLINO®-S can be used with any type of kibble or pellets with diameters less than or equal to 11mm.
To function optimally, the PIPOLINO® must be placed on a flat and smooth surface , such as a tile, indoors or outdoors (terrace).
You can define a perimeter of use in order to limit movement, or place the PIPOLINO® in a rectangular container (length> 30 cm; width> 20 cm; height: 5 to 15 cm); ensure that the device does not fall from a height.
For weakened or too thin animals, adjust the flow rate so as to limit the time of ingestion to promote recovery (adjustment position to 8 for a few days, then 2; to be adapted according to each situation).
- Do not allow young children to play with PIPOLINO®.
- Do not put moist food inside the appliance and do not use the appliance in the rain, on ice or in snow.
- Do not use PIPOLINO® on gravel or on ground covered with debris.
- Do not use PIPOLINO® in the event of a sudden and apparently unexplained difficulty in locomotion. Quickly consult your Veterinarian.
- Do not use PIPOLINO® with a blind, paralyzed or injured animal.
Specific characteristics concerning the DOG
The dog must eat in a calm environment, and in a shady place during periods of high heat, if he eats outside.
Too much kibble remaining in the appliance leads to several comments: Your dog’s needs may vary depending on age, energy expenditure, lifestyle … with the attainment of natural satiety. Adjust the ration accordingly. It may also indicate temporary fatigue or health concerns. Present some kibble in a bowl placed on the ground and observe your dog. Depending on his reaction, increase the flow of PIPOLINO® for the next meals, or consult your veterinarian.
Your dog’s gastric digestion is greatly facilitated by the daily use of
The PIPOLINO® will channel the behavior of your dog by causing an expenditure of energy, more or less important according to each dog and each situation. This does not replace the walks and playful rituals, essential for its balance. However, be sure to integrate it into the activities you practice with your dog to avoid over-fatigue.
Gestation and lactation in CAT and DOG
The timing of meals and their duration should not be limited during gestation and lactation. Only the quantity (and or quality) should be increased during lactation (and depending on the number of puppies) compared to usual consumption.